Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Christ in the OT - Abraham


 I recently read of an old Christian woman whose age began to tell on her memory. She had once known much of the Bible by heart. Eventually only one precious bit stayed with her. “I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I committed unto him against that day.”

By and by part of that slipped its hold, and she would quietly repeat, “That which I have committed unto him.” At last, as she hovered on the borderline between this and the spirit world, her loved ones noticed her lips moving. They bent down to see if she needed anything. She was repeating over and over again to herself the one word of the text, “Him, Him, Him.”

She had lost the whole Bible, but one word. But she had the whole Bible in that one word.

Christ can be found throughout Scripture.  I once heard that you should be able to see Jesus on every page of the Bible and if you don’t you need to read that page once again.

 Last week we began a study to see Christ in the OT.  We spent the service looking at Creation and I believe we saw Him there.  Now many events fill these pages and I encourage you to spend time studying each of them: the relationship between Cain, Able and God; the corruption of Man & the call of Noah; the Flood & the Rainbow; the Descendants of Adam and the Building of Babel.  Yes, in each of these we can see Christ.

 However, this morning I would like to draw your attention to the life of Abram, or Abraham and see Christ.  In the OT there are certain individuals that seem to be magnets for Christ sightings; Abraham is one such person.

For the full message shared on 08-12-2012 at 1st Church of God, Racine, WI go to: Christ in the OT - Abraham

No comments:

Post a Comment