Monday, February 25, 2013

Passion for the Lost


Have you ever given much thought to what you are passionate about?  It could be photography, paint or sculpture; perhaps singing or playing an instrument, or sports.  I don't know your passion, but I do know mine.  God has placed within me a passion to counsel.  I love to listen to the issues and problems of those I come in contact with and then as God leads provide a Biblical response to their plight.

Over the past week I have been convicted that my sight has been too narrow, focusing only on those with whom I have influence.  But what if I was passionate about the things God is passionate about?  As I understand scripture, Jesus was passionate about people.  In fact, He said, "I have come to seek and to save the lost."  What if that was the passion and drive of the church; to seek and to save the lost?  What are the implications?

A friend recently caught my attention to the converse implications.  If the church remains content to reach only a few with the Gospel; if we are okay that only some that we share are faith with come to Christ; doesn't that imply that we are okay and content with the remainder to be condemned to Hell?  Sobering thought to me, what about you?  Does that strike a cord in you that causes you to re-evaluate your previous passions?

So again I ask, What are you passionate about? The church of God's Dream has a Passion for the Lost.  

For the full message shared on 02-24-13 at First Church of God, Racine, WI; go to:
Passion for the Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment