Monday, September 17, 2012

Lifestyle Characteristics God Rewards

Remember those days when mom would bake cookies and bring them out only to tell you to share them with your brother and sister?  I do.

Of course, the way my economy worked was not the same idea that mom had.  She wanted us to each get an equal amount whereas I wanted to have more cookies than my siblings.

Although my actions were obedient to her command, was I truly obedient?  No, because my heart was selfish and unwilling to act in the way I knew she desired.

Isn't that often how we are toward God?  We know the lifestyle characteristics that please Him,but we only do enough to get by, or we only obey the letter of the law and not the substance of it.

So, do you desire to live a life God will reward?

For the full message shared on 09-16-12 at First Church of God, Racine, WI go to:
Lifestyle Characteristics God Rewards

No comments:

Post a Comment