Monday, November 22, 2010

I believe in...


What you believe in directs your actions.  Conversely, how you act expresses what you truly believe.  Today while reading John 4:43-54, I was reminded of the father who requested Jesus to heal his son who was at the point of death.  The man wanted Jesus to come with him to heal his son, but Jesus had other plans. 

Whether it was to test his faith or to grow his faith I'm not sure, but Jesus knew that true faith doesn’t require seeing miraculous signs.  This father didn't argue, as we often to with God, but accepted Christ's word that his son was healed.  His actions expressed his belief.

So what do your actions say about what you believe?  I know that sometimes my actions express a gross denial of God's power in my life.  When sin encroaches and is allowed to have its way, then our testimony is weakened possibly even destroyed.

For this reason, we must always be on our guard against sin.  Every day brings opportunities to test and grow your faith.  As we read the Word, we need to take God at His word.  When He says we are no longer slaves to sin, but rather are free, we need to act on that truth; believe Him. 

1 comment: